Monday, October 12, 2009

Soon, Soon, Soon!

Today is Monday, October 12th. My last day working for Cub Foods, after 8 years and 2 months, is this Saturday. Our plane takes off in 15 days. Right now I don't feel excited, scared nor anxious. Don't worry, it will hit me. It comes in waves.

Thinking about my last day at Cub brings mixed emotions. I was hired in August of 2001 when I was 16. I've worked in 3 different departments, found good, good friends in co-workers and have had to deal with a range of crabby customers. At the end of the day that job sucked and I should have left it a long time ago. But thinking about it makes me a little bit sad. I was talking to my friend Daleen about it and she said "yeah, it's normal to feel sad about it. It's like an era of your life coming to an end." So true. It also has me panicked. I will be unemployed for the first time in 8 years. No income. That freaks me out, like it would anybody. I think I will definitely stop in the Saturday before we leave to say goodbye. People I will miss: Susan, whom I was hired, orientated and worked with in the deli and all of our talk about my 'engagement' to her foxy son, Matthew (still wanna marry him, by the way), Stacy, all of our make-up talk, Ted, Vera, Mike, that dirty-mouthed bitch Amy, Shelly and Lisa. I know there's probably more.

Soon I'll be getting on a plane, flying towards Sydney, Australia to hopefully start a new era in my life. I know I'll be back in 8 months but I will still miss some of thrills and tortures of working at Cub.

1 comment:

  1. Shit, I'm not going to miss Cub at all. Some people for like 2 minutes then I'll be over it. I'm glad we're done with this crap.

    ReplyDelete