Saturday, September 19, 2009

Sorting the Last Few Things Out

I can't believe how fast the seasons have come and gone. This year it seems they have passed exceptionally fast, which is odd. I'm excited to go to Australia and have been waiting to go since February of this year. Usually it takes forever for time to pass. I shouldn't be so happy that October 27th is coming so swiftly, since I still have my insurance to straighten out, doctor appointments to go to and a bedroom to pack up.

I decided I was going to go through all my boxes in Granny's basement, throw out the things that I don't need and then repack them. Those boxes have been sadly neglected since November of '06 when I hurriedly moved out of my dad's house in one night. On top of that, I'm going to also go through all of my things in my bedroom, organize and pack it then bring it downstairs to sit with my other (hopefully) organized and nicely packed boxes. The only thing I'm leaving in my bedroom upstairs is my bed. I love my Granma, but she's a bored, nosy old lady and I'm strange about my privacy. I don't even like it when she stands in my doorway and looks around. Snoop. What's to stop her from going through all of my packed boxes in the basement while I'm gone, you ask? Granma doesn't go downstairs if she can help it. She has hip problems. In thethree years (actually 2 years, 10 months and 10 days) that I've lived with her, she's gone down there maybe four times. Not joking.

All the planning for Australia has gone quite smoothly, surprisingly. The only thing that is stressing me out is my insurance company. When Jenn and I tried to make doctor appointments last week, the receptionist said we were not covered. Hold the phone, whaaaaat? I've worked at the same unappreciating, soul-sucking ass-hole company for 8 long, unworthy years. I've paid my dues every week. I've dealt with pissy and sometimes incredibly stupid customers, giving them everything they want, all the while smiling and you insurance fucks can't pay one or two doctor bills? I will not give up the fight with them. I refuse to let them win. You're going down, evil insurance. I need to go to the doctor, I can't give up.

Megan has finally come home from Scotland. I am so excited to see her. It's been about a year since we have hung out and made each other laugh until we pee in our undies. I don't know if she is just home for a visit or if she's home for good.

I really want to have a Bon Voyage party. We would but we really have no venue. Both my aunts Sandy and Diane have offered up their houses as a place but I doubt any of our friends would drive 45 minutes to an hour for a party. My aunts both have a lot of land that people could mingle easily. I would like to invite some people from work but I don't know... It would nice to have everyone I care about and that I want to say goodbye to in one place without bitching. Who knows. The family was going to throw us a surprise party but mom blew that...

I hope everything just falls into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment