Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Australia!

Today, like everyday now, I was reminded by Jennie that we have only 50 more days until we board our flight from Minneapolis to Sydney, Australia. I can't believe it. Only 50 more days. From a small idea at the beginning of this year to an actual trip.

I find now that after all of our plans for Australia were set in stone (visas granted, healthcare insurance and the plane tickets bought) my attitude in life is better, unless you catch me at work (sorry). I was thinking to myself last night about how much happier, generally, I am about life. I was thinking about why before the Australia plans had I felt so blue? I think it's because I had the feeling that I was useless. Or that I wasn't really doing anything with my life; that I was just going through the motions. Worthless. Jenn and I are finally achieving one of our long-term goals in life: traveling the world. I wasn't much of a student but now I am proud to say that I'm becoming educated by the world, which, hopefully will satisfy my always curious brain. Going to Europe really opened up my mind and I can't wait to see what Australia has in store for me!

2 comments:

  1. YAY! I'm so excited for you ladies! Stombaby and I will miss you, but I do hope you have the time of your life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, Noliviah will miss us? That's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete